Multidisciplinary learning or interdisciplinary learning is considered to be a comprehensive and “whole” method that integrates more than one knowledge domain in order to cover any text, topic or idea in a well -rounded manner. This method of learning effectively transcends the boundaries of a curriculum or discipline so that the depth and scope of learning is vastly enhanced. At a time when multidisciplinary learning in India is set to take off thanks to the new educational policy, it is important for us to appreciate how advantageous it will be in the long run.
Features of the NEP 2020
The NEP 2020 seeks to completely overhaul and reinvigorate the higher education system to overcome pre-existing problems and inequities in a bid to deliver education that is of a very high quality with overall inclusion. Some of the key features of the NEP as regards higher education are as follows;
- There will be a common college examination held twice a year and it will be conducted by the National Testing Agency. Profile building for college admissions will become all-important for future students.
- Bachelor’s degree will be of 4 years with exit options available. If you exit after 1 year you get a Certificate and if you exit after 2 years, you receive a Diploma.
- Those students who drop out at mid-term will be offered options to complete their degree after the break.
- The steadfast and rigid differentiation between Arts and Sciences will cease to be, with Bachelors programs becoming multidisciplinary in nature.
- Arts, languages and culture of India will be actively promoted at all levels of education.
- Circa 2040 and each and every higher education institution (like IIT’s) will become multidisciplinary without fail. The boundaries between Arts, Humanities and Sciences will be obliterated with students having a great deal of freedom to choose their courses.
- Chosen universities from the top 100 in the world will be invited to operate in India. Profile building for Indian colleges will be the chosen strategy for aspiring students in the future.
Skills gained through Multidisciplinary Learning
Multidisciplinary learning is the way of future education. Implemented in other parts of the world long ago, this mode of learning has innumerable advantages over rote based learning. Some of the skills gained by students through multidisciplinary learning are:
- Critical thinking
- Analysis and problem solving
- Communication and literacy
- Application of information technology
- Synthesis of ideas
As a future student coming through the ranks in India, the focus on multidisciplinary learning and the exciting NEP 2020 herald for most interesting and exciting times to come. And at such a stage, you will benefit from online profile building.
Acadru.com is a premier multidisciplinary education website that offers very interesting and innovative courses that will enhance your knowledge of the world and sharpen your problem solving skills with easy to understand courses. These courses have been prepared by leading experts in respective fields like Humanities, Business and Sciences. Log on to the website and get the empowerment of multidisciplinary learning at the earliest.